Sunday, July 3, 2011

A little back story

Danny, after judging, fraternizing with members of the
 JNA , Mr. Nakajima on the left and some Japanese competitors,
Mayumi Hase on the far right.




So you may know that there are new directors of the I.N.C. or International Nail Championships, David and Steffi. (If you're not sure who I'm referencing here, you can do a search and find out for yourself.) But before I get to them, let me give you a little back story on an acquaintance of theirs.

I'm sure you're familiar with harmony's owner Danny, yes? And if you frequent Beautytech, you know all about the hubbub of him promising that his product would be a professional only product, and the public would not be able to buy it, etc. Well only a year later we find out that harmony will be on the shelves (or maybe it already is) at Sally's beauty supply-A well known national chain that sells to anyone and everyone. Guess that makes him a liar, huh? That's not all he is.

I was told by someone who will remain nameless (at this point) that he also rigged a competition in 2008 for his best friend and high school chum, none other than Mr. Tom Holcolm! GASP!

No? You think that Mr. Tom is unbeatable? I say Nay Nay. I was there. Remember when I told you I can pick the winner in the lineup? Well I can pick a loser too. And this is how it went...

At that time, I don't think I had seen Tom compete (outside of Japan- but truly, that's another can o' worms.) in about 4 years. Tom used his very good friend Alisha as his model (you may have seen her. Quite possibly as the winner of the “World Nail Championships” held in Austria in I think '05. Consequently, Tom was judging that competition.) Her hands are ok, but her nails are kind of hooked down for a competition model. Not the best choice. And Danny was behind the curtain. IMO Danny wouldn't know a winning competition nail if it flew up his nose. Tom hacked up his model so bad that 4 hours later she was still bleeding from at least four cuts on various fingers, he was lacking a high shine on the p&w hand, there were notches in the lateral sidewalls and his red polish left something to be desired. He told another person, who then told me, that he felt he had done such a lousy set of nails that he wasn't going to return for the awards the following day. But he did and he was given 1st place by 10 points over me. 2nd place was occupied by Mayumi Hase of Japan. I got 3rd.

I had been had!

The confirmation came when Danny approached me after the competition and shook my hand. He didn't say a word, just shook my hand. I had only been introduced to him one time prior to that and he walked the entire perimeter of the competition area to reach me, which was held in the ballroom at the Long Beach Hyatt. He shook my hand and he left. I knew at that moment that the competition had been rigged and I was the sacrificial lamb.

Now, I was assured by the nameless person that after that fiasco, Danny would never judge for that magazine again. (Not remotely true.) And every time that I've seen him emerge from “behind the curtain”, I've pitched an all-out bitch about it. Because, like I said, he wouldn't know a winning comp nail...(but he doesn't need to), so he must have some other reason to be behind the curtain. Like some form of financial gain for his new company “producing a winner” maybe?

This guy is a cheater through and through with blatant ties to Japan. And I'm not just spouting off about that, I've been there and have seen it and felt it first hand, but I won't go into that here, this one is already too long.

In the next blog of this series, I'll get farther into the new directors of the I.N.C. because this stuff runs deep.

Peace (ha)



No comments:

Post a Comment